One day, you have a teeny, tiny baby, and only the most gentle baby shampoo will do. But little wisps of hair don’t require many suds, and before you know it, you’ve got a toddler with a full head of tangled curls and half a bottle of baby shampoo still untouched! Not to worry. Baby shampoo isn’t just for babies. Here are 10 uses for baby shampoo that might surprise you.
Not sure what baby shampoo to buy? Hint: We love California Baby’s Calendula Shampoo and Body Wash!
1. Use it to clean your makeup brushes. Just add a drop to water, rinse and gently dry.
2. Mix it with baking soda to clean chrome details on your car.
3. No offense to Woolite, but baby shampoo is just as good at cleaning delicates (and it’s much cheaper!).
4. Dilute baby shampoo in a bucket with warm water and use it to clean dirty walls.
5. Banish raccoon eyes once and for all. If the mascara and eye liner didn’t come off when you cleansed your face, a droplet of baby shampoo on a cotton ball will remove every last trace–no tears, we promise!
6. Shine your leather shoes with a few drops of baby shampoo and a soft rag.
7. Put it in a pretty soap dispenser and use it as hand soap in your restrooms. It’s actually tougher on grime than most conventional soaps!
8. Fix stuck zippers with just a droplet of baby shampoo. Those pants will zip again in no time!
9. Your baby can still enjoy the benefits of baby shampoo even if you no longer use it to wash her hair. Take a wand and use it to blow bubbles! She’ll have more fun with it than she ever did in the bath!
10. Use baby shampoo to wash your other “baby”–the dog! It’s hypoallergenic so even the most sensitive pups can suds up.