Kindness toward others has been shown to have a positive impact on many different areas of health, from immune function and energy levels to cardiovascular health, digestion and more.
On that note, Monday, November 14th marks the beginning of World Kindness Week, as proclaimed by the Random Acts of Kindness Foundation. In honor of this special occasion, here are 10 ways you can help your health ““ by helping others!
1. Collect food and/or clothing for a local charity.
2. Send anonymous flowers to a hospital, senior center or even to a co-worker.
3. Donate blood.
4. Bake cookies for a neighbor.
5. Write a thank you note to someone you are grateful for.
6. Help clean up a local beach, park or road.
7. Bring tea, coffee, pastries or small gifts for your co-workers or employees.
8. Shovel snow or rake leaves for an elderly neighbor.
9. Pay for the person behind you (at a toll booth, coffee shop, etc.).
10. Thank a veteran/military member (especially on Veterans Day!), firefighter or police officer.