Tis the season to give! Get creative and have fun this holiday season by creating your very own DIY beauty gift baskets. Customizing and making themed gifts is a great way to add a personal touch to your presents. Receiving a tailor-made gift is much more meaningful than a saran-wrapped, premade store gift basket. Follow these easy tips and tricks and get started creating the perfect holiday beauty gift sets.
First narrow down what you want to focus on so you can stay on budget and maximize the beauty-gifting benefits. Check out the 3 most desired gift sets you can create and gift:
Option 1: Make It Up – a cosmetic goodie bag
- Pick a cute travel makeup bag or makeup organizer to stock with your chosen goodies.
- Top items to include lip glosses, eye shadow pallets, mascara, makeup removing wipes and a set of travel makeup brushes.
- Avoid adding in items like foundation, powders, concealers and blushes. Matching the colors to your friend’s skin tone is important on these items. If you want to include a gift certificate to purchase these types of products that’s always a nice addition.
Option 2: Gift of Glowing Skin – a skincare collection for all skin types
- Find a basket, bucket or container to fill and opt for a multipurpose bin that can be used over and over again or can be displayed nicely in their bathroom. Add in a soft facial cleansing cloth and headband which are always items you need on hand.
- Top products to include cleansers, serums, eye cream, moisturizers and sun protection. Create the perfect holiday glow with the following MyChelle products:
- Step 1: Refining Sugar Cleaner – Using natural crystals from cane sugar, this gentle exfoliator removes make up while refining and smoothing your skin.
- Step 2: Perfect C Serum – Advanced multi-tasking citamin C formula reduces the appearance of lines and wrinkles. 17% L-ascorbic acid and Buddleja plant stem cells brighten, protect against photo-damage and combat the visible signs of aging, while still brightening and reducing breakouts. A do-it-all serum!
- Step 3: Fabulous Eye Cream – Plant stem cells and humectant-rich hyaluronic acid help combat the visible signs of aging while hydrating the delicate eye area.
- Step 4: Daily Defense SPF 17 – Provides full spectrum UVA/UVB protection while hydrating and restoring moisture balance to the skin.
Option 3: Bubbly Bubble Bath – the ultimate bath collection
- You could place your gift items in a small basket, bath tray or bathroom product organizer. Include must have items like an oversized bath towel or relaxing scented candle.
- Top products to include: bath salts, aromatherapy bubble bath, natural bar soaps and organic coconut oil, which can be used post bath as a rich body oil.
- Avoid buying items like perfumes, body lotions and body mists. These items tend to contain heavy fragrances that can cause allergies, sensitivities and breakouts. It is best to leave these items to be selected by the individual user.
No matter what you come up with, the best part about creating your own gift basket is you can get creative and personalize everything that’s included. Enhance any present by simply adding a gift certificate for facials, makeovers, body massages or additional products.