When it comes to holiday weight gain, do you need to resign yourself to an expanded waistline? Not if you get our diet tips for maintaining your weight throughout the season devoted to feasting!
Try these tips for sticking to your diet while still indulging:
- Allow yourself one cheat day each week to indulge. Schedule it for a day when you have a special holiday event, such as a party or a cookie exchange.
- On that cheat day, plan ahead to indulge in something that you really love, whether it’s gingerbread topped with lemon cream frosting or Aunt Hilda’s stuffing. Then for the rest of the day, emphasize non-starchy veggies and lean protein to curb cravings and hunger.
- On your non-cheat days, plan to eat a good breakfast that contains protein, which helps you stay full. Not into eggs or tofu or lack time to prepare that morning meal? Make a protein shake. If you’re a vegan, consider Lifetime Life’s Basics® Natural Vanilla Plant Protein Mix. Not a vegan? Try Jarrow Formulas Unflavored Whey Protein, which lets you have variety by adding your choice of flavors, from fresh fruit to cocoa powder.
- One of the biggest temptations awaits you at the mall food court. Aieeeee! Plan ahead by BYOB: Bring Your Own Bar! We’re talking protein bars here. Options include vegan Go Macro Organic Macrobar Protein Replenishment in Peanut Butter flavor and Quest Nutrition bars in a variety of flavors.
- Eat something before you go to a party, so that you don’t arrive starving. Good options include a hard-boiled egg or a crunchy apple spread with Justin’s Nut Butter Classic Almond Squeeze Pack.