Staying healthy as a mom can be a challenge. Your body’s needs are different now than they were before you had kids, and let’s be honest, sometimes your meals consist of whatever your kids didn’t finish for lunch. Are you sure you’re getting all the vitamins, minerals, and nutrients you need?
Check out these five must-have supplements for moms.
1. Vitamin C helps support a healthy immune system and circulation, promote healthy collagen and skin and help maintain cardiovascular health.* Choosing a buffered formula will make supplementing easier on your stomach.
2. B vitamins promote healthy protein metabolism and the formation of hemoglobin, which aids in oxygen circulation in your body. They also support the production of collagen for healthy skin, cartilage and connective tissue. Take them with other nutrients, like MSM, in a combination formula (like Hair, Skin and Nails) and you’re doing yourself a favor in more ways than one!
3. Calcium citrate , combined with strength training exercises, can be important for supporting healthy bones. Getting enough calcium and vitamin D throughout life may help reduce the risk of osteoporosis by slowing the rate of bone loss for people with a family history of the disease.*
4. Vitamin D is essential to the absorption of calcium as well as beneficial in promoting overall health and wellness.* Consult your doctor to know how much vitamin D is safe for you.
5. Fish oil contains essential omega-3 fatty acids (your body can’t make them on its own!) that help promote a healthy heart and cardiovascular system as well as support cognitive function and joint health.* Try it in a tropical orange smoothie-flavored squeezeable pouch for something different.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.