They teach our children left from right, fractions from percentages, similes from metaphors. They teach them how to speak in an “inside voice” and to raise their hands instead of shouting out the answers. And if you’ve got little ones, they might even be teaching them how to use the potty. So how do you say “thank you, thank you, thank you!!“ to your children’s teachers?
During the holidays, when you’re busy stocking up on gifts for everyone else on your list, it might be tempting to just slip a gift card into your kids’ backpacks or skip gifts altogether–but with just a wee bit more planning and some simple baskets from the dollar store, you can give teachers a more heartfelt expression of affection. Busy moms, here are 5 terrific teacher gift ideas you can serve up in a jiffy.
1. For the spa seeker
Fill a basket with these ahhh-mazing organic bath and body products and tie with a coordinating sea-green or coral bow:
- At least 1-2 fizzy bath bombs in eucalyptus rosemary & mint
- Hugo Naturals Bath Salts in Grapefruit & Geranium (smells so good–both refreshing and relaxing!)
- Deep Steep Honeydew Spearmint Bubble Bath
- Earth Therapeutics Feng Shui Mesh Body Brush
- Aubrey Rose Mosqueta Moisturizing Lotion (so smooth and soothing–perfect for after a long bath)
2. For a tea-riffic teacher
There’s nothing like a nice cuppa when you’ve had a long day on your feet, explaining algebra. Place these tea-riffic items in a basket or for a little more flair, serve packaged on a tea tray:
- Alvita Valerian Root Tea (to soothe)
- Yogi Kombucha Green Tea (for energy)
- Stash Tea Chai Honey Sticks
- Pamela’s Products gluten-free scone mix (because what goes better with tea than scones?)
3. For the chocolate addict
Forget the little miniatures given out on Halloween and Valentine’s Day–treat your kids’ teachers to the premium, grown-up stuff, packaged in a natural brown gift bag:
- Chocolove Dark Chocolate Bar with Almonds and Sea Salt (the nice thing about this brand is every bar has a little love note inside)
- Super Cacao Lemon Ginger (dark chocolate infused with immune support supplements–what a great way to stay healthy when you’re surrounded by 20 runny noses!)
- Divine Chocolate Cocoa Powder
- Justin’s Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups (move over, Reeses!)
4. For the gym-dandy
If your kid’s teacher’s a fitness fanatic, fix her up with the latest & greatest sports nutrition products so she can take her workouts to the next level. Package in a fun mesh bag for added cuteness:
- A box of the yummiest-ever high-protein bars, Quest Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough!
- Organic plant protein shake mix (made with pea, hemp and chia seed protein)
- A cute BlenderBottle for mixing up clump-free protein shakes
5. For the foodie
For teachers with discerning taste buds, fill an old-fashioned food hamper with some high-end items that will erase all memories of cafeteria fare, like:
- Flora Pure Premium Certified Organic Extra-Virgin Olive Oil (made from the first pressing of certified-organic sun-ripened olives.)
- Dave’s Gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- Aloha Bay Himalayan Coarse Sea Salt (the natural pink crystalsare additive-free)
St. Dalfour Ginger and Orange Marmalade
No matter what you give–or if you don’t give a gift at all–make sure you take the time to write a heartfelt note (or better yet, have your child write one.) Considering that teachers put up with our kids all year, taking the time to say “thanks” is the least we can do!