What’s the point of a toner? Well, it should tighten your pores and balance the pH of your skin. However, some people shy away from these facial do-gooders, because they have dry skin and fear a toner will exacerbate the issue. The truth is, that won’t happen if you’re using the right ingredients. And sometimes the best way to guarantee a great result is to make your own solution.
All-Natural DIY Rose Water Facial Toner
Makes 2 fl oz
Heritage Products Rosewater & Glycerin – Rose water and glycerin add and help retain the moisture in your skin. Bonus: the scent is so lovely and soothing.
Shea Terra Organics Purifying Facial Water in Moroccan Orange Blossom – This is 100% natural and pure. It adds a ton of moisture to your skin, which is especially important during extreme hot and cold weather.
Thayer’s Cucumber Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera – Witch hazel is a little strong on its own, but it’s great at keeping skin balanced. The cucumber and aloe vera help tone down the tingling sensation.
George’s Always Active Aloe Spray Mister – I didn’t have this on hand, but I love toting this around – especially in my beach bag. Aloe vera offers countless skin benefits, but the gel can get too messy to deal with. This spray is easy to use, works wonders and won’t leave your hands all sticky.
- Fill your small spray bottle half-way up with the Rosewater & Glycerin.
- Add enough Shea Terra Purifying Facial water to fill the bottle almost all the way up.
- Add a dash of Thayer’s Witch Hazel.
- If you have it on hand, add a little George’s Aloe Spray to the mix. Otherwise, gently shake the bottle to stir up all ingredients.
- Apply morning and night after washing your face. You can also spritz some over your foundation to create a dewy look.