Whether you usually make them from scratch or from a mix, brownies are a simple but sweet-tooth-satisfying treat. Get in on the chocolaty goodness with these healthier collagen brownies, made with gluten-free baking flour, almond butter and egg whites. Mix, pour, bake and enjoy a dessert that does your body good.
Almond Butter Collagen Brownies
- 120 g Reserveage Unflavored Collagen Replenish™ Powder (12 scoops)
- 3/4 cup natural sweetener
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 Tbsp. gluten-free baking flour or 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter or peanut butter
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract optional
- 2 oz. dark chocolate chips optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 8x8-inch baking dish and set aside.
In small mixing bowl, whisk together baking flour, collagen, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda.
Add wet ingredients and mix until smooth. Fold in chocolate chips.
Pour batter into prepared baking dish and smooth the top using spatula.
Bake 18-20 minutes. Brownies are ready when a toothpick or knife inserted into center comes out a little gooey.
Cool for 15-20 minutes before cutting into squares.