You’re always stocked up on healthy and convenient foodie favorites, like apples, sweet potatoes and applesauce. So, there’s no doubt that your furry, four-legged best friend slobbers all over the stash of dog-approved flavors and snacks. When he deserves a special treat, bake a batch of these nutritious and drool-worthy dog biscuits. Made with better-for-you alternatives to common pantry staples, including brown rice flour and flaxseed meal, we give these treats two paws up!
Apple & Sweet Potato Dog Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking dish with parchment paper.
- In small bowl, combine flax and water. Set aside for 5-10 minutes, until thick and sticky.
- In large bowl, combine flour, applesauce, mashed potato, diced apple and flax mixture. Mix until well combined and dough forms.
- Use cookie cutters to cut shapes or spoon out a tablespoon, roll into a ball and flatten with a fork. Place biscuits on prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, until golden brown.