Don’t the let bad news about French fries get you down. Burgers and sandwiches don’t have to be served solo! Just pick parsnips over potatoes and bake rather than fry. These root vegetables look like white carrots and taste a bit like their orange cousins, too””only they’re slightly sweeter with a hint of nutty flavor. Toss slices with olive oil, nutritional yeast and a little garlic salt, then pop in the oven until crispy.
Parsnip French Fries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine olive oil, nutritional yeast, garlic powder and salt and pepper; set aside.
- Use vegetable peeler to remove skin from parsnips. Cut into French fry shape (go thin for crispier fries!).
- Toss parsnips with olive oil mixture until well coated.
- Place parsnips on parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until crispy.