What’s better than a side dish that adds vitamins, minerals and rich, savory flavor to your plate? One that comes together quickly and easily without skimping on taste or nutrients. This simple broccoli slaw, speckled with pine nuts, raisins and feta cheese and tossed with a sweet red wine vinaigrette, adds loads of flavor and nourishment to your meal. Ready in less than 30 minutes, this side is sure to take your dining experience to the next level.
Broccoli, Pine Nut & Feta Slaw
½ cup raw pine nuts
1 head broccoli, florets only, very finely chopped
2 Tbsp. raisins
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. dried oregano
Ground black pepper, to taste
3 oz. feta, cut into small cubes or crumbled
1 Tbsp. refined avocado oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- On a large baking sheet, toss nuts and broccoli with salt, pepper, oregano and avocado oil. When well coated, arrange into a single layer.
- Roast for 15 minutes, until just beginning to brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing. In a small bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Remove broccoli mixture from oven. Transfer to a large bowl to cool.
- Add feta and raisins to broccoli mixture, and then toss with dressing.
- Serve immediately and store leftovers in the fridge for up to 2 days.