How many times have you bought a head of broccoli only to cut the top into florets and trash the stalk? The answer is probably: too many to count! The next time the delicious green veggie makes it to your kitchen, reserve the stem and spiralize it for this quick, easy recipe. Enjoy this dish as a light lunch or serve it atop brown rice for a heartier meal.
Broccoli, Zucchini & Kimchi Noodles with Tamari Almonds
2-3 broccoli stalks (8 ounces), peeled and spiralized
1 zucchini (6–8 ounces), spiralized
½ cup cabbage kimchi, finely chopped
1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp. avocado oil
2 tsp. tamari
½ tsp. honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add tamari, honey, chili flakes and almonds to prepared sheet. Toss well to coat. Bake until browned, about 6-9 minutes.
- Remove from oven and chop once fully cooled. Set aside.
- In small mixing bowl, mix together vinegar, avocado oil, tamari and honey.
- In separate, large bowl, combine broccoli and zucchini noodles with kimchi. Pour oil and vinegar mixture over noodles. Toss until fully coated.
- To serve, top noodles with almonds.