Flip through any vegetarian cookbook or food magazine and you’ll likely find a bunch of staple recipes, like cheese and vegetable lasagna, bean chili and quinoa burger patties. But it’s time to step beyond those comforting favorites and ignite your senses with exciting, exotic fare. This flatbread recipe, inspired by rich and savory Moroccan and Middle Eastern cuisines, will transport you and your taste buds to a new culinary world. Bonus? All of the pieces, including the dough and dressing, can be made ahead of time. When you’re finally ready to eat, just roll out dough and top with roasted veggies and bake immediately.
Cauliflower & Pomegranate Flatbread with Tahini Yogurt Dressing
Roasted Cauliflower & Onions
Tahini Yogurt Dressing
¼ cup whole milk Balkan-style plain yogurt (not Greek)
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 Tbsp. tahini
¼ tsp. salt
Ground black pepper, to taste
- To roast the vegetables, preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- On a large baking sheet, combine veggies, oil and spices. Roast for 25 minutes, or until caramelized.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing. In a small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients and whisk until well incorporated. Cover and set in the fridge until ready to be used.
- When you’re ready to assemble the pizza, increase oven temperature to 425 degrees F. Line a large-rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drizzle dough with oil and top bread with roasted veggies. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until flatbread is crisp.
- To serve, place flatbread on a large cutting board and slice into fourths. Top with lemon zest, pomegranate and dressing.
Tip: the best place to buy egg-free foods & snacks is at Vitacost.com!