Food is a powerful trigger to memory. Who can forget the unhealthy snacks consumed during all-night study sessions in the dormitories? Or, the amazing gourmet meal on an awkward and unforgettable first date? And, of course, you could never forget the red pasta sauce that exploded from your blender onto your white cabinets on the first night in your new home. It’s time to whip up your next memory. Whether you’re enjoying a romantic meal or dining with friends, share this rich, creamy, chocolaty creation, made with avocado, macadamia milk and orange flower water. Here’s to making delicious memories!
Chocolate Avocado Pudding with Orange and Macadamia Milk
3 Tbsp. cocoa powder
⅓ cup unsweetened, plain macadamia milk
¼ cup maple syrup
1 cup + 2 Tbsp. mashed avocado (from 1½ large or 2 regular avocados)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. orange flower water (orange blossom water) or 1 tsp. orange zest
⅛ tsp. salt
1 navel orange or 2 clementines, zested, peeled and segmented, to serve
- In a food processor, blend avocado until smooth.
- Add milk, maple syrup, vanilla, flower water or zest and salt. Process until combined.
- Add cocoa powder and process again until fully incorporated, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Pour pudding into cups or ramekins. Cover and chill for 2-3 hours.
- To serve, garnish with orange slices.
If you’re hungry for more, download our vegan recipe book.