Crazy for chocolate chip cookies? They’re a reliable classic whether enjoyed as an after-school snack, afternoon pick-me-up or simple dessert. The next time the sweet craving comes a-calling, opt for a bold variation. Dried cherries are used in this recipe to add unforgettable tart flavor and chewy texture. Free of dairy, butter and refined sugar, these tangy almond flour cookies are sweetened with stevia and coconut sugar, making them irresistible and completely diet-friendly.
Chocolate-Cherry Chip Cookies
2 cups almond flour
¼ cup coconut sugar
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. coconut oil
1 drop cherry vanilla or vanilla stevia
¼ cup chocolate chips
¼ cup dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine egg, coconut oil, and stevia. Stir in flour mixture until fully incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate chips and dried cherries.
- Scoop out chunks of dough and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.