If you can’t beat the heat, get into the kitchen! This homemade frozen treat is the perfect way to cool off while also quenching your cravings for something sweet. Creamy plant-based milks, fresh strawberries and dates give this dairy-free ice cream an irresistible flavor sure to rival any version from a carton. Top a scoop off with a hard chocolate shell made with coconut oil and cocoa powder for a summer dessert you can feel good about eating.
Chocolate-Coated Strawberry Coconut Ice Cream (Dairy-Free)
- Chill coconut milk in fridge until cold.
- In a blender, combine all ice cream ingredients, including chilled coconut milk, and blender until smooth.
- Add mixture to ice cream maker and process according to the maker’s instructions.
- Prepare the coating. In a saucepan, heat the coconut oil over medium heat. Stir in cocoa powder and vanilla. Continue to stir until coconut oil has fully melted and ingredients have fully combined.
- Scoop prepare ice cream into serving bowl. Pour mixture over ice cream. It will solidify in a few minutes. For a quicker method, place serving bowls in the freezer for a few minutes before using.