Eat your “whey” to strong and sexy. You read that right. Drinking a whey protein shake is so last year! These days, you don’t even have to turn on the oven and bake with it if you don’t want. Just make a small – or incredibly large – batch of these chocolaty coconut truffles. They’re simple, pure and muscle-swooning delicious. Did I mention they’re low in sugar?
Chocolate-Coconut Protein Balls
2 Tbsp. coconut flour
1 scoop (or 42 g) chocolate whey protein powder
1 Tbsp. cocoa powder
3 Tbsp. unsweetened coconut flakes
¼ cup chocolate sprinkles
3 Tbsp. unsweetened chocolate almond milk
¼ tsp. coconut extract
- In a medium bowl, stir together coconut flour, protein powder and cocoa powder.
- Add coconut extract and almond milk, mixing thoroughly to combine.
- Spoon out a tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball. Repeat until all batter is used, about 7 even-sized balls.
- Refrigerate truffles for 30 minutes.
- Place chocolate sprinkles in a shallow bowl and roll truffles in sprinkles.
- Eat right away and refrigerate leftovers (if there are any!).
Nutrition tip: Lower the sugar count even more by rolling these truffles in cocoa powder or unsweetened coconut instead of sprinkles.