There’s something almost sinful about chocolate-covered strawberries. The sweet chocolate and tart fruit pair together in such a blissful, mouth-watering way, you’re convinced the combination is too tempting to be healthy. After all, nothing covered in chocolate seems diet-friendly. But with these dark chocolate and strawberry protein bars, you’ll silence any concerns and guilty feelings. Made with pure, unsweetened chocolate, these treats give you the rich, too-good-to-be-true taste you love without any regret, plus a tang of tropical coconut flavor.
1 scoop Quest Strawberries and Cream Protein Powder
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
2 Tbsp. coconut flour
¼ cup sugar-free maple syrup, honey or agave
1 Tbsp. water
1 tsp. coconut oil
½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Line a small pan or container with parchment paper.
- In a blender or food processor, combine protein, coconut, flour, syrup and water. Pulse until smooth.
- Press mixture into the bottom of prepared pan.
- Using a double boiler, melt chocolate and coconut oil and pour over the protein layer.
- Place pan in freezer for 30 minutes to harden. Cut into 9 squares.