For example, this dairy-free dessert recipe calls for just four ingredients: crushed cookies, chocolate chips, cocoa powder and vegetable shortening. What could be easier? If you want more variety, dig into your pantry for additional toppings. You can roll a portion of these truffles in shredded coconut, hemp seeds, moringa powder or chopped nuts as well.
Prepare these bites on Sunday to indulge (guilt-free!) during the week, or bring them to your next friendly gathering to share with your loved ones.
Makes about 16 truffles
- In medium glass bowl, combine chocolate chips, shortening and water. Create a double boiler by setting bowl over a pot with simmering water; gently stir until melted.
- Pour into glass 8×8 baking dish and let cool about 30 minutes at room temperature. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Lay a piece of parchment paper on the counter. Remove chocolate mixture from refrigerator. Using a small cookie scoop, scoop approximately 16 balls of the chocolate, placing it on the parchment paper.
- Using your hands, gently roll each scoop to form a ball. Continue until all the chocolate has been rolled.
- Coat half the rolled truffles in cookie crumbs and the other half in cocoa. Refrigerate until ready to serve.