Sweet potato fries are a healthy foodie’s favorite side dish. A powerhouse of nutrition, sweet potatoes are loaded with vitamins, calcium and potassium. But when you order this savory finger food at most restaurants, they’re likely deep-fried in a sea of oil and drenched in calories and fat. They might even come soft and soggy from a rushed cooking job. So what’s the best way to enjoy this healthy vegetable? You make your own! Baking them with cinnamon is a simple and obvious choice, but this recipe kicks it up a notch. These strips are baked in cinnamon roll-flavored coconut butter for a nutritious, drool-worthy snack sure to beat anything you’ve eaten in a restaurant.
Cinnamon Roll Sweet Potato Fries
Makes 4 servings
Macros per serving: 151 calories | 26 g carbs | 9 g sugar | 5 g fiber | 3 g protein | 4 g fat
1 tsp. coconut sugar
½ tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. salt
1 lb. sweet potatoes, peeled
1 Tbsp. Sweet Spreads Cinnamon Roll Coconutter
1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Slice potatoes into half-inch fries. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, heat Coconutter for 20-30 seconds or until smooth. Add olive oil and mix until well combined.
- Add potato strips to the bowl and toss until each strip is fully coated with Coconutter mixture.
- Place strips on prepared baking sheet and lightly coat with nonstick spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine coconut sugar, cinnamon and salt. After fries have finished baking, thoroughly coat them with the cinnamon mixture.
- Bake fries for an additional 10-15 minutes.