A cucumber with ketchup, a plate of cheesy fries, a peanut butter cookie dipped in dark chocolate. Whether you’re pregnant or in peak training, cravings happen. Then again, they also happen to weigh you down. Before you plop down on the couch with a pint and a spoon, give this cleaned-up cherry cobbler recipe the old college try. You’ll get a taste of summer’s sweet cherries, plus spices and textures that give a nod to the holiday season.
Speaking of the holidays, you can easily sub in frozen cherries or Granny Smith apples to “winterize” this recipe. How’s that for spreading good tidings and cheer?
Clean Cheating Cherry Cobbler
Macros per serving (makes 8)
164.5 calories | 21.5 g carbs | 2.6 g protein | 8.2 g fat
- In a medium bowl, add filling ingredients and stir until combined and all cherries coated in sugar.
- Pour cherry mixture into a greased 8-inch pie dish.
- In a food processor, grind almonds until finely chopped.
- Using the same bowl or a larger one, add chopped almonds, flour, oats, sugar and spices.
- Add coconut oil one tablespoon at a time, using a fork to form a crumbly mixture.
- Dollop the crumble over cherries, spreading as evenly as possible.
- Bake at 375°F for 20-25 minutes, or until the crumble turns golden and a little crispy.
- Scoop it out (it’s crumbly!), serve in cute little ramekins and put a cherry on top…for good measure.