You know ditching the daily coffeehouse trip would save you hundreds of hard-earned dollars each year, but those frothy, green tea lattes have a kung-fu grip on you. What you need is an equally strong substitute to help you ween off. Surprisingly, you don’t have to give up that loveable latte flavor. With the creamy texture and natural sweetness of coconut, matcha green tea macaroons can stand in for your sugary sipper any day of the week. These energizing, bite-size cookies will not only kick your costly habit, but can ka-power you through a foggy morning.
Coconut-Matcha Chocolate Chip Macaroons
Makes 18 macaroons
Macros per macaroon: 87 calories | 1 g protein | 7 g carbs | 6 g fat | 2 g fiber
¼ cup coconut flour
1 Tbsp. matcha green tea powder
1-1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
2 packets stevia, or to taste
1 tsp. coconut extract
¼ cup sweetened condensed milk
Pinch of salt
¼ cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and coat a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, except chocolate chips. Stir until well combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips until fully incorporated.
- Using a spoon, scoop dough (about 1 tablespoon) and place on prepared cookie sheet. Repeat to form 18 cookies.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, making sure not to overcook, so the cookies are still gooey on the inside.
- Let cool for a few minutes before serving.