Eggnog is beloved end-of-year treat for many, but have you ever glanced at the ingredients? Whole milk or heavy cream, whipped eggs, sugar, artificial colors – it’s enough to make you want to hibernate until the holidays are over! This dairy-free version is made with coconut butter, stevia, nut butter and a sprinkling of seasonal spices, for the perfect holiday drink.
- 1/2 cup nut/seed butter
- ¼ cup coconut butter
- 2 ½ -3 cups water
- 2-3 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Pure liquid stevia, to taste (I start with a teeny liquid drop)
- ¼ teaspoon ginger, optional
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom, optional
- A pinch of turmeric for “egg” color and anti-inflammatory benefits
Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender or food processor or simmer over low heat in a sauce pan, until you get that perfect “nog” consistency. Serves approximately 4.
- For a thicker consistency, use less water.
- May be refrigerated and served chilled.