Exfoliation is the cure to so many skin woes – from breakouts to blotchiness. The best way to guarantee your skin is soaking up the purest rejuvenating nutrients is to DIY. This homemade exfoliating sugar scrub is easy and effective, especially since it involves three of nature’s best ingredients – no fillers or synthetic fragrances. New, nourished skin is literally in your hands.
All-Natural Sugar Scrub
Makes 1 4-ounce jar
Sugar – Brown sugar is commonly used as the base of face and body scrubs, but I wanted to try raw cane sugar instead. As expected, it does a great job exfoliating, yet it’s still very gentle.
Manuka honey – This is like pure gold. I’m not a fan of the squeeze bottles of processed honey. The raw kind is thicker and harder to work with, but it retains honey’s great health properties. After a few weeks of using honey on your face, you’ll notice fewer breakouts and a more even complexion – you just have to “bee” patient.
Olive oil – Regardless of your skin type, olive oil will work for you! It’s super hydrating and gentle as a moisturizer. You may not even need to apply lotion after this scrub.
- Fill your jar half way with sugar.
- Add 2 spoonfuls of honey and mix thoroughly.
- Pour about 1 tablespoon oil over top and mix to incorporate. You want it to look like a paste, so add more of any ingredient until you get the desired texture.
- Once it’s all mixed, scoop out a little bit of scrub, rub between your fingertips to warm it up and then apply all over skin.
- Let scrub sit 5 minutes before rinsing off. Voila! You’re done.