Surprise mom this year with a do-it-yourself gift that’s just as sweet as she is! She’s sure to adore her personal box of homemade chocolates created by YOU. It’s easier, and way more fun, than you think—she may even let you have a bite!
You can totally follow this recipe as a guide, but you have lots of creative freedom here. If your mother loves coconut, sprinkle some shreds on top. If she’s into goji berries, you may want to add some of those too! Just remember to arrange all the spices, nuts and other toppings beforehand so you’re ready to go.
Here are two combos we’re making for our moms for some inspiration:
- Top chocolate with whipped cream and sprinkle cardamom or cinnamon on top.
- Top another with whipped cream, a strawberry slice and a sprinkle of nutmeg.
Happy Mother’s Day!
1 large bar organic, Fair Trade Certified™ dark chocolate
1 Tbsp. Vitacost Organic Premium Raw Nut Mix or preferred chopped nots: peanuts, cashews, macadamia and/or walnuts
1 Tbsp. crushed organic coffee beans
1 Tbsp. whipped cream
1 strawberry, sliced
Preferred organic spices: cayenne, allspice, anise seed, cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, sea salt and/or black pepper
- Separate chocolate into squares. Lightly brush hot water on top of each square.
- Dip or sprinkle chocolates with nuts and spices of your choice.
- Allow decorated chocolates to dry.
- Place in a shallow box decorated to your liking. If using whipped cream or strawberries, refrigerate until gift-giving time.
For more gift ideas, visit our special Mother’s Day shop.