You’ve seen cacao content splattered all over chocolate bars in an effort to flaunt the potential health benefits of an unsuspecting treat. And it’s true. The cacao bean offers antioxidant power from natural chemicals called flavonoids. What these compounds can do for your overall wellness, they can do for the health of your skin, too. From restoring moisture to helping repair skin cells, this two-ingredient mask will prove to be one of the purest, richest treatments you’ve ever tried – if you can spare the cacao powder, that is.
Chocolate Face Mask
Makes about 3 applications
- In a small bowl or ramekin, add ingredients and stir until thoroughly incorporated and smooth – like a chocolate syrup consistency.
- Use your fingers to apply all over your face and leave on for 20 minutes. Note: this mixture will feel wet for the full 20 minutes; it never really dries out like other masks.
- Enjoy smooth, hydrated skin (that smells a lot like dessert!).
Bonus beauty tips:
- Repeat treatment about once a week, as needed.
- For acne-prone skin, add raw honey to help clear impurities from your pores.
- This mask can help prep your skin for that harsh summer sunshine.
- You can always make more or less; just use 2 parts cacao to 1 part coconut oil.