Doesn’t your skin always deserve some extra love? Sure it does! The only problem is you don’t have time for a deep cleanse before rushing out the door in the morning. And you’re lucky to brush your teeth before falling into bed at night. That means you’re only hope for a more glowing complexion is this quick-and-easy face mask. The recipe calls for raw honey and oats, which are both great for your skin, your wallet and your schedule.
Honey is a natural humectant that keeps skin moisturized and supple. Meanwhile, oats contain natural anti-inflammatory properties that can help relieve rashes, redness and irritation. Oats also act as a natural exfoliant to gently remove dead skin cells. Pair the two pantry staples, and you get a rejuvenating facial mask in mere minutes. Use it morning, noon or night – or whenever you have 20 minutes you can carve out for yourself.
- In a small bowl, add honey. Note: If your honey has hardened on your shelf, warm it up in a saucepan just enough to liquefy it.
- Stir in oats and a few drops of essential oil (if using).
- Once combined, spoon mixture into a glass jar with a wide opening.
- Apply 2 tablespoons of the mixture onto your cleansed face, covering cheeks, chin, nose and forehead. Leave on for 20 minutes, and then wash off with a warm washcloth. Repeat 2-3 times per week, as needed, to hydrate and soothe skin.
- Store mask up to 3 months in a cool, dry place. Be sure to keep the jar tightly sealed.
Bonus: This mask also makes a great DIY gift to share with friends, co-workers and family members. Consider making a few batches and experimenting with different essential oils your loved ones will enjoy.