When date night rolls around, you’ve picked the perfect outfit, painted your nails a pretty pink and even paid good money for a ‘do that will hold up on the dance floor. But you’re neglecting one very important piece: your (would-be) kissable lips. Winter has probably left them chapped, cracked and bleeding, so bring those puckers back to life! A two-minute sugar scrub will smooth things over. And the best part (aside from the inevitable smooches) is you can make the scrub right at home – no more pricey prepping required!
DIY Lip Scrub for Winter
Makes about 1-2 tablespoons
1 Tbsp. brown sugar: Like most crystallized substances, this natural one exfoliates dead skin to reveal smoother, softer lips.
1 tsp. melted coconut oil: As you well know, this superfood staple is a super hydrator – exactly what you need right now!
1 tsp. raw honey: This natural sweetener adds moisture and nutrients to dry, winterized lips. Bonus: honey is also a good makeup remover.
Dash of cinnamon: The warm spice has a slight plumping effect. You can leave it out if you’d like.
Capful of vanilla: Vanilla is purely for flavor.
- In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar, coconut oil and honey until well combined.
- Add cinnamon and vanilla, stirring to incorporate.
- Scoop mixture into a small jar. I recycled an empty face mask container.
- Using your fingers, apply a tiny amount to lips, using a circular motion for about 30 seconds.
- Wipe off with a washcloth.