The summer months guarantee a few things: school will be out, people will be traveling, you will need to invest in a good pair of shades and you will probably get too much sun. Even if it’s just one day of overexposure, that’s one day too many. And when that happens, it burns, baby, it burns! When skin is already sensitive to the touch, an aloe-infused spray can serve as the no-rubbing-required relief you need. Whether skin is just a little warm feeling or is red as a rose, this easy DIY sunburn relief recipe will guarantee a smooth – and gently soothed – summer.
Natural, Homemade Relief for Sunburn
- Aloe vera: soothes skin in a very hydrating way
- Witch hazel: helps protect skin by moisturizing and toning
- Peppermint essential oil: has a cool, refreshing effect on irritated skin
- Lavender essential oil: has a calming effect that helps restore skin’s balance
- Pour aloe vera into an empty spray bottle, filling about 2/3 full.
- Fill remaining 1/3 with witch hazel.
- Add 10 drops of each essential oil.
- Shake bottle to fully incorporate.
How to use: After a few hours in the sun, spray solution all over body for instant gratification.