Free is not always a good thing. Sometimes, being full of ingredients can be a healthy concept – as in nourishing your body with wholesome foods, versus starving it of nutrients your body actually needs to function. Case in point: these DIY protein bars.
Because carbs give you energy, these bars have them. Because your body requires healthy fats for proper joint function, these bars have them. Because muscles are built with protein, these bars feature 7 clean, plant-based grams. And because your taste buds love something sweet, these bars are made with white chocolate chips and dried cranberries. What could be more fulfilling?
DIY White Chocolate & Cranberry Protein Bars
Makes 16 bars
Macros per bar: 154 calories | 4 g fat | 22 g carbs | 7 g protein | 2 g fiber | 12 g sugar
1 cup old fashioned oats
1 cup shredded wheat cereal
3 scoops Vega Sport Performance Vanilla Protein Powder
¼ cup ground flaxseed meal
3 Tbsp. xylitol
1 tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. sea salt
2 large eggs
1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
½ cup water
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2/3 cup white chocolate chips
¾ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and coat two 8” x 8” baking dishes (or one large baking dish) with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a food processor, add oats, wheat cereal, protein powder, flax, xylitol, cinnamon and salt. Pulse until blended and oats are finely ground.
- In a large bowl, mix together eggs, apple sauce, water and vanilla extract until well combined and mixture is thick.
- Using a spatula, scoop mixture into prepared pans and smooth down to level off.
- Bake 15 – 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean and edges begin to crisp. Slice into 16 rectangles and store in fridge to keep fresh.