Easy does it! Featuring a rather robust flavor profile, this simple hummus recipe is ready in just a few minutes. All you’ll need is a food processor and a strainer or colander to make this creamy dip, which calls for tangy lemon juice, garlic and fresh basil. Serve with crisp veggies—and remember to use organic ingredients when possible.
2 15-oz. cans chickpeas
1 heaping cup fresh basil leaves, stems removed
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup tahini
1 1/2 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. Simply Organic Paprika
1/2 tsp. Simply Organic Onion Powder
1/4 tsp. Simply Organic Black Pepper, freshly ground
1 lemon, halved or quartered
1/2 cup olive oil
Extra paprika, black pepper & olive oil for garnish
1. Using colander, drain chickpeas over large bowl. Reserve liquid (aquafaba) and set aside.
2. In food processor, pulse chickpeas, basil, garlic, tahini, salt, paprika, onion powder and black pepper.
3. Squeeze lemon into mixture in food processor. Secure lid and pulse while adding olive oil.
4. Ladle in 1/4 to 1/2 cup reserved aquafaba until hummus reaches desired consistency.
5. Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil, freshly cracked black pepper and a dash (or two!) of paprika. Serve with freshly sliced veggies or toasted pita chips.