If I could offer one tip for evening skincare, it would be this: Do not wait until you’re about to collapse in bed to wash your face. The more tired you become, the more careless and annoyed you’ll be when it’s time to really show your skin some love. Even though it feels like a chore, a thorough cleansing will produce big results come morning. So block out about 10 minutes a couple hours before bedtime, and follow these skincare steps for a naturally effective nighttime routine.
1. Start by removing makeup – I always use coconut oil for this first step. A little bit goes a long way. Use a dab and really work it into your skin.
2. Cleanse the excess – Apply a balancing facial cleanser on top of the coconut oil layer to help break up the grime.
3. Deep clean for good measure – A Clarisonic-type tool is quick, easy and ultra-effective.
Now the road forks, and you get to pick a direction. If your skin is experiencing irritation or flare-ups…
4. Rejuvenate irritated skin – A pure, natural skin-soothing oil is especially great for sensitive complexions. Shea Terra Organics Argan Rosemary Facial Cleansing Oil will sub for an overnight moisturizer, while the rosemary oil helps kill bacteria and promote cell renewal. This is the key to waking up with gorgeous skin!
5. Treat breakouts – You’ll need only a drop of a tea tree-infused oil blend, applied directly on the bump or pimple.
If your skin looks and feels normal (for you), move on to these three essential skincare stesp…
4. Tone – Pour a natural purifying solution onto a cotton ball and rub all over your face.
5. Brighten with serum – If you suffer with dull skin and dark spots, Andalou Naturals Turmeric + C Enlighten Serum is light-weight but mighty effective.
6. Plump weak spots – Lightly apply a deep-wrinkle treatment to fill in any fine lines. Use sparingly if you have youthful, sensitive skin, since age-defying skincare can be a bit too heavy.
7. Moisturize – A nighttime-specific cream will ensure you get the full spectrum of regenerating and repairing benefits.
Are you diligent about washing your face at night? What are your evening skincare tips?