The crackers you eat, whether dipped into nut butter or smeared with hummus, probably come from a box. Pre-packaged and riddled with artificial colors and flavors, the crunchy snack typically has no place in your healthy diet. But with this quick, handy recipe, you’ll find that baking up your own batch is simple, healthy and unbelievably delicious! Made from nutritious flaxseed meal and tossed with classic “everything” toppings, these crisps can be served with, well, everything.
Everything Flaxseed Crackers
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix flax, salt, onion, garlic, 1 teaspoon sesame seeds and ½ teaspoon poppy seeds with water until a dough forms.
- Spread dough out to 1/8-inch thickness onto baking sheet. Cut into 1 ½-inch squares.
- Sprinkle squares with remaining seeds and flakes, if desired.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until edges have crisped and browned.
- Let cool before separating crackers.