From swirled red velvet to decadent dark chocolate, there are endless ways to make a cheesecake. Not only is it a blank canvas for virtually any taste bud, but it can be shaped into bite-sized squares, rolled into balls or stuffed into fried pastry dough. It’s all good, but sometimes the more traditional, New York-style cheesecake recipe hits the spot. This recipe is simple elegance with a shot of colorful berry sauce oozing over the edges. And without sacrificing quality ingredients or the classic richness, this cheesecake recipe serves gluten-free diners, as well. Now everyone can have their cake and eat it, too. Let’s make cheesecake!
Watch the video for bonus cooking tips, including what I’d do differently the second time around.
Gluten-Free Cheesecake with Berry Sauce
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Break up the graham crackers into small pieces and place them in a food processor or mini chopper. Pulse 5-6 times, or until the crackers become fine crumbs. Pour the crumbs into a bowl and stir in the melted butter.
- Press the graham cracker mixture into a the bottom of a prepared springform pan.
- Using a mixer, beat the cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth.
- Add sugar, vanilla and lemon zest and mix until well blended.
- Add eggs and egg whites, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition.
- Pour the mixture over the crust and smooth evenly with a spatula.
- Bake 40-50 minutes, or until the center is almost set.
- Once baked, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving (preferably overnight).
- Just before serving, prepare your berry sauce: In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, add all berry sauce ingredients and bring to a slight boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer and let it cook until the sauce thickens to desired consistency, stirring constantly.
- Take the cheesecake out of the fridge and carefully remove the sides of the springform pan. Spoon the berry sauce over top, add a couple extra berries for garnish and enjoy!