Superfoods, unite! And that they do in this crunchy granola mix. From beet powder to quinoa, you’ll find everything but the kitchen sink in your breakfast bowl. If the energizing colors aren’t enough to wake you up, the combined powers of these nutritional heroes should certainly do the trick. Not to mention the rich, warm spices deserve a high-five for bringing it all together with flavors that truly pack a punch.
Gluten-Free Gingerbread Granola
Recipe courtesy of Conscious Cooking with Christine
4 cups gluten-free oats
½ cup almond flour
¼ cup red quinoa
¼ cup white chia seeds
1 cup pecans, chopped
½ cup pumpkin seeds
3 Tbsp. beet juice powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ginger powder
½ tsp. nutmeg
¼ tsp. ground cloves
½ cup coconut oil, melted
½ cup gluten-free brown rice syrup
½ cup filtered water
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, quinoa, chia seeds, pecans and spices.
- In a small bowl, combine coconut oil, syrup and water. Add beetroot powder and stir until powder is incorporated and dissolved.
- Add wet mixture to dry ingredients and stir until combined and all dry ingredients are coated.
- Spread granola mix onto non-stick baking sheet. Bake 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Once dried and cooled, toss in pumpkin seeds.
- Let granola cool completely before storing in an air-tight container.