Nothing says summer quite like fresh berries. Vibrant and juicy, they’re the perfect treat for a hot, sunny day. That’s why we love this blueberry pie. Brimming with blueberries and a splash of tart lemon flavor, this pie is a lip-smacking treat sure sweeten your picnic or cookout spread. Plus, it’s made with a gluten-free pie crust, so no one has to miss out on the fun.
1 package Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Pie Crust Mix, prepared and chilled
1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill Tapioca Flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 Tbsp. lemon zest
2 lb. fresh blueberries
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 egg, optional
1 Tbsp. water, optional
- Let crust mix sit out at room temperature until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Between two pieces of strong, durable plastic wrap, roll half of dough into a 12-inch circle. Remove one piece of wrap and press open side facedown into a 9-inch nonstick pie pan. Once settled, remove last piece of plastic wrap.
- In a large bowl, mix together tapioca flour, sugar, cinnamon and lemon zest. Gently fold in blueberries. Add vanilla and lemon juice. Pour into pie pan.
- Between two pieces of strong, durable plastic wrap, roll remaining crust dough into a 10-inch circle. Remove one piece of wrap and place open side facedown over the center of the filling. Trim, seal and flute the edges, and use a knife to vent the top. (You can make a decorative pattern or a lattice top.)
- Optional: In a small bowl, whisk egg and water. Brush top of pie with egg mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F and bake 60 more minute, until crust is golden brown and filling begins to bubble.