Search for a chocolate chip cookie recipe and you’re likely to fall into a seemingly endless abyss of cookie options. You’ll find some that use mini chips and others that prefer chunks; some bake until crisp while others prefer a soft and chewy texture. The choices can be overwhelming! This recipe is a step above the rest because we’ve added pecans and oats for extra crunch and flavor. Plus, instead of conventional white flour, we use a gluten-free replacement so even those with gluten sensitivities can partake. Avoid the overwhelming abyss–you’ve found a winner right here.
Gluten-Free Oatmeal Cookies with Chocolate Chips & Pecans
Makes 20 cookies
1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Organic & Gluten-Free Rolled Oats
1-¼ cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour
½ cup packed brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
¾ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. baking soda
½ cup butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla extract
½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
¼ cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line one large baking sheet or two medium-size ones with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix rolled oats, flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together brown sugar, granulated sugar and butter until well combined. Mix in egg and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix until combined. Gently fold in chocolate chips and pecans and mix until incorporated.
- Scoop out about 2 tablespoons per cookie and place on prepared baking sheets, leaving about 2 inches between each. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until edges have browned.
- Remove from oven. Let cool for about 5 minutes on baking sheet and transfer to a wire rack to allow them to cool completely.