The best way to navigate a crowded room is with a plate full of food. Feed the masses fresh-from-the-oven muffins, and you’re an instant hit. Just don’t tell them they’re completely gluten free. The nod to pumpkin pie in this recipe is so bold and delightful, the only question you’ll hear is: “Can we be friends?”
1 ¾ cups gluten-free multi-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
½ cup butter, softened
1 can pumpkin puree
2 Tbsp. molasses
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. xanthan gum
½ tsp. salt
3 large eggs
Cinnamon for sprinkling on top
- Pre-heat an oven to 375 degrees F and prepare a muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, molasses and eggs. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, xanthan gum and salt.
- Add the softened butter to the flour mixture. Using an electric mixer, blend until crumbly. If the mixture looks like coarse sand, you’ve done it correctly!
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture a little at a time. Beat well after each addition for about 1-2 minutes, or until it becomes fluffy.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pan, filling the cups almost completely. This will allow the batter to rise above the level of the cups to form fluffy muffin tops. Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on top, if desired.
- Let the muffin batter rest for about 10 minutes.
- Bake 22-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean and the middle of the muffins spring back when lightly touched.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
These are best served warm and gooey. Enjoy!