Your pizza night just got a protein boost. Instead of gluten-packed white flour, this crust of this pizza is made with quinoa. Plus, it’s also loaded with chia seeds, flax seeds and zesty herbs, making a delicious mixture that nourishes your body with wholesome nutrients. Now vegans, gluten-free eaters and even athletes can have their comfort food and eat it, too! Quin-wow!
1-1/3 cups cooked quinoa
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp. chia seeds
2 Tbsp. flax seeds
3/4 cup water
2 Tbsp. dried parsley
2 Tbsp. dried oregano
1 garlic clove, peeled and diced
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Pinch sea salt, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease baking sheet or pizza tin with olive or coconut oil.
- In a small bowl, combine chia, flax and water. Set aside for a few minutes to thicken.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine quinoa, chia-flax “egg,” oil, parsley, oregano, garlic, pepper and salt.
- Knead mixture into a ball and spread out evenly on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until you’ve reached your desired level of crispiness.
- To serve, cover with cashew cheese or cheese-free pesto and add desired toppings, such as mushrooms, tomatoes and shredded tofu.
- Enjoy as a pizza crust, quiche, savory pie or crackers.
- You can also try this recipe with cauliflower rice in place of quinoa!