Pure bliss is biting into one of these chocolate cookie dough truffles. Made with just six ingredients (and three of them are superfoods), these tasty treats are free of dairy, eggs and gluten. And believe it or not, you probably have most of the ingredients in your pantry right now. Prepare a tray to bring to your next summer party or keep a batch in the freezer for when your sweet tooth calls (it’s a guilt-free snack, woo-hoo!).
Prep time: 20 minutes
Freezer time: 1 hour
Yields around 28 truffles
7 oz. chocolate chips
1 Tbsp. goji berries, chopped
1. Line baking sheet with parchment or wax paper. In blender, combine cookie dough ingredients until dough forms; around 45 seconds.
2. Scoop out 1.5-2 teaspoons dough and use hands to roll into ball. Arrange on lined baking sheet. Repeat until all dough is used. Freeze for 30 minutes.
3. A few minutes before removing cookie dough from freezer, melt chocolate chips in double boiler, stirring until melted.
4. Remove cookie dough balls from freezer. Using two forks to dip, thoroughly coat each ball in chocolate and place back on baking sheet. Sprinkle with a few pieces of chopped goji berries. (Chocolate should take 1-2 minutes to harden.) Repeat with remaining balls.
5. Place baking sheet back in freezer for additional 20-30 minutes. Once hardened, they’re ready to eat!
For more of Maria’s yummy recipes and healthy eating tips, visit mariamarlowe.com.