Step aside, cereal box. Homemade granola is due the credit it deserves. For one, it should get props for being a sweet-and-crunchy topper on fruit salad, yogurt and ice cream. And don’t forget granola is a nutrition powerhouse, providing whole grains, fiber and protein – and that’s just in the oats! On that note, granola should also get an applause for being so customizable. You can throw everything but the kitchen sink into the mix and still come out on top. In fact, you should do just that…
1 scoop Vanilla Vega® Protein & Greens
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup hemp seeds
1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1/4 cup raw almonds, chopped
1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 Tbsp. maple syrup
1 Vega Maca Chocolate Bar, chopped
Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients except chocolate. Stir until coconut oil coats all dry ingredients.
- Spoon mixture onto prepared baking sheet, pressing into pan to form one even layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes, flip over and bake an additional 8-10 minutes, or until granola begins to brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Once cool, break into chunks and add chopped chocolate. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.