There’s a time for packaged protein bars. It’s often after you skipped your weekly meal prep and are running late for work. But when you care spare the time, try your hand at homemade protein bars. The best part? You can create bars that fit your tastes and preferences perfectly. Want plant-based and mixed berries? You got it! These bars are made with Optimum Nutrition Unflavored Gold Standard 100% Plant Protein, so the recipe packs in protein without animal products – and without compromising the flavor of the berries. The time for these protein bars is ASAP!
Homemade Plant-Based Berry Protein Bars
- 1-3/4 cups rolled oats (160 g)
- ½ cup gluten-free flour (60 g)
- 2 scoops Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Plant Unflavored Protein Powder
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup stevia
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 4-5 Tbsp. vegan butter or coconut oil (60 g)
- 6 Tbsp. sugar-free maple syrup
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped fresh cherries and/or mixed berries
- 1 tsp. strawberry Jell-O mix (4 g)
- 4 Tbsp. no-sugar-added strawberry jam
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 8x8-inch pan with parchment paper.
In large bowl, mix together all dry ingredients. Add vegan butter, maple syrup and vanilla. Mix with hands until almost crumbly.
Spread about 2/3 of crumble evenly onto baking pan. Bake for 12-15 minutes until edges are slightly brown.
In small bowl, mix together filling ingredients.
When crumble is done baking, spread filling over top. Then, spread remaining crumble on top.
Bake for an additional 15-20 minutes or until top is golden.
Let cool for one hour. Slice into 8 bars to serve.