As days grow long and beach vacations draw near, more and more time will be spent outside enjoying the beauty Mother Nature has to offer. Sun protection is a must all year long, but it’s certainly even more important during summer months when burning UVB rays are strongest. While having fun in the sun, don’t forget that sun damage is the leading environmental cause of aging skin—so packing your SPF is just as important as packing your swimsuit!
While hyperpigmentation and sun spots are most commonly associated with sun damage, the harmful reach of the sun’s rays goes much deeper. It causes collagen and elastin fibers to break down, ultimately leading to wrinkles and sagging skin. According to a study in the Annals of Internal Medicine, 24% of aging signs are reduced by regular sunscreen use, so you can keep your skin healthy and balanced by shielding it daily with a safe sun protectant.
MyChelle Dermaceuticals has you covered with a full range of mineral-based sunscreens that provide a highly effective physical layer of defense against the sun. Certified non-nano ingredients zinc oxide and titanium dioxide offer broad-spectrum UVA/UVB defense to help prevent premature aging and reduce the signs of sun-induced irritation. Beach bonus: MyChelle sun care products are reef safe, environmentally friendly, cruelty-free and loaded with skin-benefiting antioxidants that are suitable for all skin types.
Beat the heat this summer with these beach bag essentials:
Break a sweat
Sun Shield Clear Stick SPF 50 is a mineral-based, water-resistant sunscreen that glides on smoothly and dries clear to deliver powerful UVA and UVB full-spectrum protection. The addition of avocado, jojoba, and vitamin E oils helps moisturize and protect. Plus cocoa seed butter soothes skin and supports elasticity. It’s perfect for on-the-go outdoor activities.
Safely soak up the sun
Sun Shield Coconut SPF 28 is a lightweight sun defense that offers powerfully effective protection for face and body. Soothing aloe and a high-performance blend of antioxidants, including vitamin E, helps boost skin’s natural defense system and reduce the signs of sun-induced irritation. A must-have for coconut lovers, the sensationally smelling formula absorbs quickly for a smooth, clean and matte finish.
Whether you are swimming in the ocean, surfing the waves or simply floating on your favorite raft, keep your skin protected from your head to your toes with Sun Shield Clear Spray SPF 30. This zinc-based spray goes on quickly and evenly for up to 80 minutes of water-resistant, full-spectrum UVA and UVB sun protection. The fast-absorbing, moisturizing formula is perfect for the whole family!
Perfect and protect
Keep your skin picture perfect and protected with the Sun Shield Liquid Tint SPF 50. This softly tinted, 100% mineral sunscreen offers maximum UVA/UVB broad-spectrum protection, while bentonite absorbs excess oil and impurities from pores. The silky, sheer, oil-free formula blends weightlessly and seamlessly, matching your skin tone and giving skin a fresh, healthy glow.
More tips to prevent sun damage
- Seek out the shade, especially between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. when the UV index is at its highest!
- Use a broad-spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or greater every single day. For outdoor activities, use a broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher.
- Apply 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) of sunscreen to your entire body 30 minutes before going outside.
- You should reapply sun protection at a minimum of every two hours, but if you’re swimming or working up a sweat, reapply immediately. It’s better to be safe than sun burned!
- Wear protective clothing, including a wide-brimmed hat and UV-blocking sunglasses.
- Don’t forget the kiddos! Keep newborns out of the sun and remember that you should apply sunscreen on children over the age of six months. Talk to your pediatrician about what’s best for your kids.