You eat kale, exercise four days a week and take vitamins daily. You know your body is the only one you’ve got, so you’re committed to treating it well. In your health and fitness plan, how much do you work to protect your body’s largest organ–your skin? This fascinating organ is responsible for many of the body’s functions. It protects our internal organs, shields us from harmful bacteria and regulates heat and touch sensations. With such a vital role, the importance of keeping your skin healthy extends far beyond simple vanity.
Our skin can reveal complex internal issues throughout our lives. Think of a young baby with yellow skin indicating jaundice, a symptom of raised bilirubin levels in blood. Even illnesses like the chicken pox can show up as rashes on the skin before a fever ever appears. Burns on our skin indicate too much direct sun exposure and hormonal imbalances can appear as cystic acne. Your skin can become irritated by substances to which your body is allergic. A person with a mild strawberry allergy could break out in hives after ingesting the fruit. If your skin ever seems abnormal, overly irritated, broken out or covered in a rash, it may be time for a checkup with your regular healthcare provider.
Tips for Healthy Skin
Take notice of your skins changes and keep your complexion in the healthiest state possible by following these tips:
- Drink up! Make sure your intake of water is a minimum of 64 FL oz. every day.
- Spending prolonged time in the sun increases your risks of early skin aging (hyperpigmentation and wrinkles) and even skin cancer. To decrease these risks, regularly apply a chemical free sunscreen with a broad spectrum SPF of 15 or higher. Limit time in the sun, especially from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. when UV rays are at the highest. Also, wear long-sleeve shirts, pants, hats and sunglasses to shield your skin further.
- Keep everyday items like makeup brushes, cell phones and pillow cases clean. These items can be a breeding ground for bacteria which can lead to skin irritations, breakouts and sensitivities.
- Eat a diet rich in fruits, vegetables and whole grains to supply essential nutrients, minerals and vitamins to your skin and your entire body overall.
- Avoid using beauty products that contain toxic or harmful ingredients that can all cause major skin irritation and have known negative side effects. These ingredients include phthalates, parabens, sulfates, ureas, artificial fragrances and colors, petroleum, GMOs, and gluten.
MyChelle’s scientifically advanced formulas are based on clean, natural bioactives that provide unmatched, professional results to keep your skin looking and feeling it’s healthiest. Here is a simple-to-follow MyChelle regimen to keep all skin types healthy:
- Step 1: Cleanser
- Wash your face every day (morning and evening) with the Fruit Enzyme Cleanser, a gentle deep cleanser that will remove impurities to uncover fresh, smooth skin.
- Step 2: Serums
- Apply the Perfect C Serum every morning to flood your skin with a powerful dose of 17% clinically proven L-ascorbic acid to strengthen collagen and improve skin texture.
- At night apply the Remarkable Retinal Serum a powerful wrinkle-fighter boosted with the strongest non-prescription vitamin A called retinal, ceramide 3 and orange plant stem cells, working to increase cell turnover and support skins overall health.
- Step 3: Cream
- For a lightweight yet nourishing hydrator apply the Pumpkin Renew Cream each morning and evening. This gentle formula blends antioxidants and reparative peptides to protect cellular health and maintain deep hydration.
- Step 4: Sun Protection
- Apply the Sun Shield SPF 28 This chemical-free, full spectrum sun defense offers powerfully effective protection with minerals zinc oxide and titanium dioxide. The addition of soothing aloe and vitamin E help reduce signs of sun-induced irritation.