Wouldn’t it be nice to win the lottery? Life would feel like a cake walk with all your newfound riches. But until you strike gold, maybe it’s best to stick with real cake…or cookies…or ice cream. These quadruple-layered chocolate-caramel bars aren’t exactly cake and aren’t exactly ice cream. Actually, they’re a little bit of everything stacked into a tower of tastiness. What you’ll love most, though, is the fact that they’re made with frozen bananas instead of dairy milk, which means they’re as “nice” as ice cream can be! Those mega-millions will have to wait.
Makes 12 bars
1/2 cup gluten-free oat flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1/2 cup smooth & unsalted peanut butter
2 Tbsp. vanilla coconut butter
1 Tbsp. flaxseed meal
1 Tbsp. unsweetened vanilla almond milk
“Nice” cream layer
2-3 frozen ripe bananas, sliced into coins
2 Tbsp. unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Line an 8” x 8” baking dish with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, mix all dry cookie layer ingredients together until well combined.
- Add wet ingredients and stir until a dough consistency forms (will be crumbly but not too dry).
- Take all but 1/4 cup dough and press into prepared baking dish. Place in freezer while you prepare the next layer.
- To make the “nice” cream, add frozen bananas and almond milk to a blender or food processor. Puree until smooth and thick. You may have to scrape sides of blender/processor a few times during the blending to make sure it all gets incorporated.
- Remove pan from freezer and spread “nice” cream layer over cookie layer, spreading evenly with a spatula or spoon. Place back in freezer for 30-60 minutes, or until firm. Clean out blender/processor, to prepare the caramel layer.
- Place all caramel layer ingredients in blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Scrape sides, if needed, and keep blending.
- Spread caramel layer over “nice” cream and place back in freezer while you prepare the final chocolate layer.
- In microwave-safe bowl or double boiler, melt coconut butter, coconut oil and maple syrup until completely smooth. Whisk in cocoa/cacao powder to thoroughly combine.
- Pour chocolate over caramel layer. Sprinkle reserved cookie dough and return pan to freezer for 2 hours.
- When ready to eat, remove from freezer about 10-15 minutes prior and slice.
If you’re hungry for more, download our sweet and healthy desserts recipe e-book.