Need a pick-me-up when those chocolate cravings strike? Avoid the overly processed and artificially sweetened snacks and opt for a rich, delicious dessert made with good-for-you ingredients. Gluten-free flour, cacao powder and coconut milk combine to create this single-serving chocolate mocha cake that’s sure to put the pep back in your step. Satisfying your sweet tooth and staying healthy is a piece of cake–literally!
Mo’s Chocolate Mocha Cake
Yields 1 large or 2 medium-sized ramekin servings
1/4 cup gluten-free flour or Mo’s Morselicious Mix
2 Tbsp. unsweetened cacao or cocoa powder
Stevia, to taste
1 Tbsp. chia
1 Tbsp. flax
¼ cup + 2 Tbsp. water
3 Tbsp. unsweetened vanilla coconut or almond milk
3 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
2 tsp. vanilla
1 oz. unsweetened Pascha chocolate chips
1 Tbsp. brewed coffee or instant espresso/decaf espresso, optional
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In small bowl, mix together, chia, flax and water. Let sit for two mixtures or until mixture becomes gelatinous.
- Lightly grease an individual ramekin dish with coconut oil. Add gluten-free flour, cacao powder and stevia. Whisk together with a fork.
- Add chia-flax mixture, coconut milk, coconut oil, vanilla and coffee, if using. Use a fork to whisk the batter together.
- Add the chocolate chips into the center of the ramekin.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. The center of the cake should be gooey.