For the most part, if you want to live longer, you have to live better. Here are some natural ways to lead a better lifestyle that can support longevity:
1. Move Around. It doesn’t have to be jogging on the treadmill. There are plenty of daily activities that can get you moving, such as gardening, walking to a friend’s house, or parking your car far from the office.
2. Follow Your Heart. Find something you can be passionate about””whether it be painting, volunteering, singing, mentoring, or anything else you enjoy””and pursue it relentlessly.
3. Wind Down. Know when to relax. Take vacations, sleep in occasionally and find some way to unwind every day.
4. Eat Less. There’s no need to stuff yourself at every meal. Stop eating when you’re 80% full and save yourself the burden of extra and unnecessary consumption of calories.
5. Consume Plants. Eat more natural foods and skip the meat and processed products. Not only will you be increasing your nutrient intake, at the same time you’ll be cutting out a number of potentially harmful ingredients.
6. Drink Up! A glass or two of red wine a night can give your body an antioxidant boost, helping to protect it from harmful free radical damage.
7. Mingle. Social interaction is important for mental and physical health. Join a group, meet new people, and expand your social network.
8. Search Your Soul. Even if you’re not religious, you can still engage in spiritual soul-searching activities such as meditation or reflection.
9. Focus on Family. Put your family members first and make sure they do the same. Everyone will benefit from the trust and protection that a close family provides.
We want to hear from you””what are some practices you engage in that help you lead a better lifestyle?