Slept through the alarm again, huh? These all-natural energy bites will get you up and out the door. Sure you could scarf down processed, pre-packaged toaster pastries just to get food in your belly. But whole nuts, carob chips and raw honey make for a much cleaner combo, which leaves you with a clearer conscience.
No-Bake Honey-Nut Energy Bites
Recipe courtesy of Missy Marie Smith
1 cup pitted dates
½ cup no-salt natural almonds
½ cup roasted pistachios
¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
¼ cup carob chips
4 Tbsp. honey
¼ tsp. almond extract
- Puree dates, almonds and pistachios until you get a fine, crumbly texture (not a dust).
- Mix in coconut, almond extract, carob chips and honey. This will become a sticky paste.
- Slightly wet hands and form into balls.
- Place balls on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before eating. Enjoy!