Somewhere in between the thrill of Halloween and the Thanksgiving Day excitement, you’ve reached a slight loss of energy. Before you start taking down one set of decorations to tack up the next, take a breather so you can recharge with an energizing snack (and a few deep breaths). Instead of reaching for the leftover candy, opt for something a little more functional (but just as sweet) such as these no-bake bliss bites. Packed with nutritious ingredients, these bite-size balls will fill your belly and give you the energy you need to keep going—after all, you do have a Thanksgiving feast menu to prep in the very near future!
11-12 medjool dates, pitted
1 cup quick cooking oats
1/3 cup pecans
3 Tbsp. pumpkin puree
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp. pumpkin seeds
Pinch of salt
Optional step if you prefer crunchier bites:
12 pecans, roughly chopped
1 Tbsp. pumpkin seeds
- In food processer, pulse dates until sticky ball forms. Add oats, pecans, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Pulse until well combined.
- Optional step for a crunchier bite: Transfer mixture to large bowl. Stir in 12 roughly chopped pecans and 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds into the mixture. Use hands to combine.
- Set mixture in refrigerator 15-20 minutes. When ready, use cookie scoop to mold into small balls. Serve immediately or keep refrigerated and store up to two weeks.
- For extra sweetness, add couple teaspoons of maple syrup
- Add more flavor by toasting pecans beforehand