Some things don’t count…like when you drop food on the floor but pick it up within five seconds. You simply blow on it and pretend it never happened. Of course, this logic doesn’t always work. But wouldn’t it be sweet if it applied to dessert? Well, ask and you shall receive – receive white chocolate protein bark, that is. With zero carbs, sugar or fiber in this six-serving recipe, there’s very little left to count. Nothing never tasted – and felt – so good!
White Chocolate Protein Bark
Makes 6 servings
Macros per serving: 107 calories | 10 g fat | 0 g carbs | 0 g sugar | 0 g fiber | 4 g protein
You’ll also need: a chocolate mold, ice cube tray or baking dish lined with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl, mix together protein, sweetener and cacao butter until smooth.
- Stir in whey crunchies until incorporated.
- Place ice cube tray or chocolate mold on a flat baking sheet. Spoon or pour chocolate mixture into molds.
- Freeze about 5 minutes for mini bars or up to 20 minutes for larger sizes. Make sure bars have set completely.
- Remove from freezer and enjoy immediately, or keep stored in refrigerator or freezer until ready to eat.
- I would not recommend substituting any ingredients in this recipe, except maybe the sweetener. Coconut oil in place of cacao butter would give a similar texture, but you’d miss out on the chocolate flavor. Plus, cacao butter doesn’t melt at room temperature as easily as coconut oil.
- If you prefer to use a whey/casein blend, you will likely need more cacao butter, as casein absorbs more than whey protein.